“Be like a duck. Calm on the surface but paddling like the dickens underneath.”

~Michael Caine

Friday, September 5, 2008

Eau de Cat Urine...

..yep that's right. My new fragrance, do you like it? Blech! I don't think there is a smell that is worse! So I must have really pissed (no pun intended) off my cat(s) or Ty or both. There is a table in our foyer where I used to drop off my things at the end of the day. My purse, trolley bag, mail, etc. Ty never liked that I used this as my drop off station at the end of the day. He says that the mess starts to overflow and gets out of control. OK, so, I admit it, it takes me a little while to change my system. I don't immediately change as soon as he makes it clear that he doesn't like something that I'm doing. It takes me a little while to adjust. But, he is obviously playing hard ball. Getting our cats in on his game is a low blow if you ask me. After dropping my stuff off on the table, it seems that within minutes the cat (I'm not sure which one it is at this point because we have 3) has sprayed my bag with her lovely perfume! Damnit! If you've never smelled cat pee, it's worse than a skunk and just as hard to get rid of. So of course then I have to get to washing all of the things in my bag/purse and the bag and the purse. How many times will it take for my stuff to get peed on before I stop leaving it on the table? I'll be taking bets until next Friday...

On another, similar, note. So, the same person who gripes about my leaving stuff on the table in the foyer, doesn't understand how to use a laundry basket. Even though I've explained laundry basket usage to him numerous times, he still doesn't get it. He is showing signs of beginning comprehension. Instead of the clothes being strewn all over the room they are gathered in a pile next to the laundry basket. Is it too much trouble to toss them into the basket instead of on the floor? He complains about my leaving 'crap' by the front door and in the same breath curses when he trips over his dirty clothes in the bedroom! Maybe I should talk to the cats and have them help me out. If his clothes started smelling like cat pee, I'm sure he would learn to put his clothes in the laundry basket.

No comments: