“Be like a duck. Calm on the surface but paddling like the dickens underneath.”

~Michael Caine

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

ABC's and 123's...

...of course not. Not in this house. Nope. Nada. My kids learn about 'Wazz up!' and 'Knuckles' and how to 'Lock it Down' and how to retrieve a beer from the fridge. I consider myself extremely lucky that Ty is able to stay home and care for our children. My friends (you know who you are) would argue that the example provided below is a useless trick to teach a child. They would say 'Why not teach them ABC's or 123's?'. If you know my husband, you know that he is the master of useless (he would call it trivia) tricks and information. Being that he is the master of such things, I should expect that my children will eventually pick up on them if they aren't already inherited. Even though I think that these tricks are useless, I have to admit that it's pretty darn cute to see your child try to imitate their parent(s). Imitation is the biggest form of flattery, don't you think? As my little Tommy demonstrates his new trick below, it shows that he must really admire his Daddy.

2 comments:

steph said...

their tricks may not be the most important things they will ever learn but they sure are some cute and entertaining tricks, and anyways, he has plenty of time to learn ABCs and 123s...and tommy is soo cute doing knuckles with daddy...i'm soooo doing that with him next time i see you all, will have to be soon.

steph

Ashley said...

That's hilarious! I love it!

Thanks for the print widget, too. You're right, I love it!