“Be like a duck. Calm on the surface but paddling like the dickens underneath.”

~Michael Caine

Monday, September 22, 2008

Chubby Baby Legs and Tickle Bug Bites

When I ask Tommy where Mommy's favorite part is he points to the inside of his leg just above his knee. Then I ask if I can take a bite. His eyes get big, he grins and nods in affirmation. Then I proceed to ever so gently gnaw on the chubbiest, juiciest, squishiest, sweetest part of him. He giggles with delight every time. I know it won't be long before he grows out of his delicious morsels so I savor them as often as I can. Emma gets the tickle bugs. I tell her "What's that? Look, right there...Oh no, you have the tickle bugs! We have to get 'em!" I tickle her until she laughs so hard she can't stand it and it leaves little red marks all over. We call these tickle bug bites. Then we both sigh with relief that all the bugs are gone and cuddle. Even though I don't want to keep them little, I wish I could sometimes for this purpose alone. There is nothing more intoxicating than a child's laughter. So, for now, I will keep munching on his delectable chubby baby legs and exterminating her tickle bugs until they won't let me anymore. Hopefully there will be something sweeter to replace my addiction when this is gone. Otherwise I'll have to go to rehab.

No comments: