“Be like a duck. Calm on the surface but paddling like the dickens underneath.”

~Michael Caine

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The Infinite Hallway

I imagine my life as an infinite hallway.  On the left side are doors that are unlocked.  These doors contain the things that are always with me as I travel.  Things like family, friends and experiences.  The doors on the left are always unlocked so when I need to access a memory or support from my family or friends they are always there.

On the right side is a blank wall.  On this wall I draw doors of opportunity.  I draw these doors with a pen of intention.  The ink in this pen is always flowing and never fades.  This ink comes from my thoughts and actions and imagination.  The door is drawn only when I give of myself without expectation of reciprocity. No strings attached.  Doors that may remain locked for a while haven't ripened.  It's not time to reveal what's behind it.  This part is hard for me.  I'm impatient. 

I am grateful for this infinite hallway.  I am grateful that I have the ability to create my life exactly as I want it to be.  I am grateful that I have the ability to deal with unexpected results. I am grateful...

No comments: