“Be like a duck. Calm on the surface but paddling like the dickens underneath.”

~Michael Caine

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Will it ever end?

January 23, 2009
Had emergency surgery to have a foreign object removed from my abdomen. Four days of pain medication.
February 14, 2009
Took Emma to the Doctor because she was complaining of a sore throat. Turns out she had strep throat and pink eye. Ten days of oral antibiotics and five days of eye drops.
February 21, 2009
Emma breaks out in a terrible rash. A trip to the doctor and we find out that this is an after effect of having the strep infection. Three days of antihistamines.
February 26, 2009
While at our friends going away party, Ty is suffering quietly with a very sore throat.
One night and seven beers.
March 4, 2009
Sent home by my boss because I have a terrible cough and fever. Call the Doctor and make an appointment for the next day.
March 5, 2009
I stay home from work because of my cough and fever. While at home with the kids, I notice that Tommy is warm. Thermometer reads 102 so I call the Doctor and get him in for an appointment. Two Doctor's appointments and four prescriptions.
March 5, 2009 (evening)
Emma has a low temperature.

I should invest in the pharmaceutical companies.
Please let it end soon....

No comments: